Building Healthy Relationships
Taking the time now to build healthy relationships with your family, friends, roommates, professors, and significant other will go a long way toward your ability to create and maintain relationships after college.
At Arcadia University’s Counseling Services, counselors can help you with the following:
- Exploring your current role in your relationships
- Learning how to openly communicate feelings and thoughts
- Practicing assertiveness skills
- Understanding and setting healthy boundaries
- Knowing the signs of an unhealthy relationship
If you would like help building healthy relationships, contact Counseling Services to set up an appointment: 215-572-2967. Occasionally, students need additional off-campus support.
- Council for Relationships, 215-382-6680, www.councilforrelationships.org
Provides individual, couples, and family therapy for a sliding scale fee; 9 locations in and around Philadelphia
- Wissahickon Center for Relationships Therapy, 215-699-1238, www.relationshipgarden.com
Provides individual, couples, and family therapy, including gay and lesbian couples therapy
Back to Resource List