Arcadia University Writing Center
Make an Appointment | Schedule | Myths & Facts | FAQs
About the Writing Center
The Arcadia University Writing Center operates on a collaborative, peer-to-peer tutoring model aimed at making better writers, not just better writing. Through open-ended talk, inquiry and writing, we help others better understand their own idiosyncratic writing processes. We believe when students understand themselves as writers, they can adapt responsibly to a wide variety of rhetorical situations across the disciplines.
Students from ALL disciplines, and at ALL stages of the writing process (prewriting, drafting, revising) come to the Writing Center to meet with trained consultants. There are also consultants on staff who have received additional training in how to support ESOL writers. We can help you to:
- Determine audience and purpose for your assignment
- Discover a process of brainstorming/invention that works for you
- Develop your ideas clearly and fully
- Determine an organization that best suits the audience and purpose of your paper
- Write and fine-tune your thesis statements
- Critically evaluate and responsibly integrate the voices of other writers into your own writing
- Discover proof-reading strategies that will help you to turn in your best work
- And more!
Make an Appointment
All consultations will be held in the Library. Please bring your assignment sheet, notes, and (if any) all drafts of your paper. Come prepared to discuss your paper, take notes, and write. Appointments are recommended, but not necessary.
At the end of the session, the consultant will write up a report for your professor letting them know that: a) you attended a session; and b) what writing issue(s) you worked on.
Monday - Friday,
9 a.m. - 10 p.m.