English Language Institute
Mission Statement | Location | Faculty
English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
Do You Have
Questions?Preparation for academic study in an English speaking college or university
- Five levels of full-time intensive ESL instruction (18-20 hours of class time)
- Semesters beginning in May, July, August and January
- Highly qualified instructors, small class size, and individual attention
- Additional classes in pronunciation, TOEFL, U.S. history/culture, and special interest areas such as business writing or medical terminology
- University credits for advanced level courses, contingent on approval from program director
- Opportunity for advanced students to take specified Arcadia University courses (at credit hour rate) , contingent on approval from program director
- Social and cultural events with Arcadia students from around the world
- Conversation partners, book groups, and international clubs
- Off-campus recreational, cultural, and travel experiences
- Assistance in locating housing with a host family, in a dormitory, or an apartment off-campus
- Modern classrooms, library and recreation facilities on a safe, suburban campus
The English Language Institute prepares students to continue their education and professional development at Arcadia University or elsewhere. Through language instruction, intercultural experiences, and academic support, the Institute seeks to create the foundation for successful academic careers and full participation in a global society.
At Arcadia University,
there is a diverse student body of more than 4,000 undergraduate and graduate
students from the U.S. and around the world. Arcadia has over 75 programs of
bachelor’s degrees programs in the sciences, psychology, business, and a 3+2
Engineering program in partnership with Columbia University.
graduate programs in Physical Therapy, Public Health, Genetic Counseling,
M.B.A. with a Global Perspective, and Teaching English as a Second Language,
more about Arcadia University at www.arcadia.edu/about.
addition, Arcadia is just twenty-five minutes from historic Philadelphia and
two hours from New York City, Glenside, Pennsylvania is a culturally diverse,
safe neighborhood with convenient public transportation. In Philadelphia students
travel to New York City and Washington, D.C.
- A culturally
diverse local population
vibrant social scene, including a variety of restaurants, music clubs, major
sports, museums, theater companies, and the internationally acclaimed
historic sites related to the founding of the United States
than 100 area colleges and universities serving the second largest number of
students on the East Coast
more about the Philadelphia area at www.arcadia.edu/area.