Graduate Commencement Ceremony Information - COMING SOON!
Undergraduate Commencement will take place on Friday, May 16, from 10:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Graduate Commencement will take place on Thursday, May 15, from 5-6:30 p.m.
About Undergraduate Commencement – May 16
Wednesday, April 30
- 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Senior Knight: University Commons Great Room. Pick up caps, gowns and study abroad sashes; pick up commencement tickets; buy senior week tickets, etc.
Wednesday, May 14
- 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Undergraduate Commencement Rehearsal: Kuch Center Gymnasium. Contact Student Affairs in advance at 215-572-2933 if you are unable to attend.
Thursday, May 15
- 9 p.m. to midnight. Undergraduate Farewell Celebration: University Commons. Graduating students: Please invite your family and friends to join us in a special evening of celebration.
Friday, May 16
- 8-9:30 a.m. Coffee Reception: University Commons, Chat Area. Graduating students, family and friends invited.
- 9:30 a.m. Undergraduate Student Line-up: University Commons Great Room (access for graduates only).
- 10:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony: Haber Green (no tickets needed). In case of severe weather, Kuch Center, Alumni Gymnasium (admission by ticket only).
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
Current full-time and part-time seniors who have fulfilled all academic/major requirements, and those who completed
their degrees in August or December 2013 are eligible to participate in
the Commencement ceremony. Commencement begins promptly at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, May 16, 2014.
All undergraduate students participating in the Commencement ceremony should check in and be present in the Great Room for line up by 9:30 a.m. ONLY graduating students participating in the ceremony should be in the Great Room on Commencement morning. Please direct family and friends to seating areas.
If you are a graduating student who requires special accommodations to participate in the Commencement ceremony, please contact Christine Passaglia in Student Affairs at 267-620-4117.
If you are unable to attend Commencement, you must notify the
Registrar’s Office, at 215-572-2931 immediately in order to receive your
degree in absentia. Please provide the address where your diploma
should be mailed.
Seating begins outside on Haber Green (#33 on Campus Map) at 9:15 a.m for family members and guests, weather permitting. Tickets are not needed for outdoor seating.
In case of severe weather, the ceremony will be held in the Kuch Center Alumni Gymnasium (#13 on Campus Map). The
final decision regarding location will be made around 8:30 a.m. on the
day of the ceremony. Additional information can be obtained the morning
of the ceremony at www.arcadia.edu. Since seating is limited, only those guests with tickets will be granted entrance to the gym. We ask that all guests enter the Kuch Center via the main entrance off of the parking lot.
- Graduates participating in the ceremony will be provided three (3) yellow guest tickets when picking up commencement attire. These tickets will allow regular indoor seating should inclement weather force the ceremony inside. Please note that the University is unable to replace lost or forgotten tickets.
- The University does not maintain a waiting list for graduates wanting additional tickets. Any graduate who desires additional tickets is encouraged to locate another graduate not planning to use his/her ticket allotment.
- To accommodate guests without tickets, the ceremony will be simulcast in the locations listed below. All simulcast locations are accessible to those
with special needs. The ceremony may also be seen live at www.arcadia.edu.
Brubaker Hall (#15 on Campus Map): Classroom 102
Dining Complex (#6 on Campus Map): Classroom 103 and Lecture Hall 107
Special Needs Seating
Designated seating for guests with special needs can be arranged by completing the online form at www.arcadia.edu/guests-disabilities-form. Students who request special seating will exchange their yellow guest tickets for blue guest tickets when
picking up commencement attire and tickets.
Guests with special needs can be dropped off at the Taylor Hall parking area
where they can await transport by golf cart to the ceremony site.
One-way traffic patterns will be enforced to accommodate the large number of cars on campus. When you arrive on campus (we recommend entering campus from Church Road), you will be directed to a parking area immediately. Once parked, you will not be permitted to drive on campus or exit until the ceremony is under way. If Arcadia’s parking lots are full, you will be directed to park at Cheltenham High School. Shuttles will be available between Cheltenham High School and Arcadia University.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted at the Commencement ceremony.
Professional photographers from Island Photography will photograph graduates as
they are recognized during the ceremony. Every graduate will be photographed twice. To ensure that you receive your complimentary proofs, by mail and email, please register online at their website below. Graduates will be emailed a secure link and a PIN to view and order photos and will also receive color proofs via mail. There is no obligation to purchase.
We request that photography and videotaping be respectful of all aspects of the ceremony: Aisles should not be blocked; sight lines for others should not be compromised; and, access to the stage is limited to graduates only.
Undergraduate Caps, Gowns and Tickets
Commencement attire includes a cap, gown, hood and tassel. If you have not yet placed your order and plan to participate in Commencement, please contact Student Affairs at 215-572-2933 immediately.
Picking Up Your Cap, Gown and Tickets
Please note that it is your responsibility to resolve any outstanding financial issues with the One Stop Shop. Caps, gowns and tickets will not be distributed to those students with a balance in excess of $2,499.
Cap, gown and ticket distribution will begin in the Commons Great Room on the afternoon of Wednesday, April 30 and will continue during regular business hours in the Student Affairs Conference Room (Knight Hall Suite 110) until Tuesday, May 6. Please note that dates/times are dependent on delivery and are therefore subject to change.
- Wednesday, 4/30 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Commons Great Room)
- Thursday, 5/1 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, 5/2 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday, 5/5 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 5/6 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
If you cannot pick up your Commencement attire and tickets at the scheduled times, we will work to accommodate your schedule. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements.
If you are unable to pick up your cap and gown personally, please email email@example.com to make arrangements in advance to have someone else pick up the items.
Returning Your Cap and Gown/Picking up Your Diploma
Please return your cap and gown to the Commons Great Room immediately following the conclusion of the Commencement ceremony. The tassel is yours to keep. All academic attire must be returned by 2 p.m. on Commencement day.
Diplomas will be available for pickup in the Commons Great Room immediately following the ceremony.
- Events for Senior Week will be arranged and communicated by the Senior Class Officers.
- Graduation Announcement order forms are available in the University Bookstore.
- The Bookstore will be open on Commencement Day from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.