Family Weekend at Fall Fest 2014
Register online: http://aufamilyweekend2014.eventbrite.com
Friday, October 10
8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Attend classes with your students and observe firsthand the academic stimulation they experience every day. To arrange your visit, ask your student to clear it with his or her professor, and then just show up for class!
7:30 to 8 p.m., Great Room Lobby, The Commons
Join the Office of Student Engagement for dessert and coffee prior to the evening's entertainment!
SPB Variety Presents: Matthew Broussard
8 to 9:15 p.m., Great Room, The Commons
Stand Up Comedian, author of MondayPunday, performer on Comedy Central and NBC, Matthew Broussard will be starring next in the upcoming film Intramural. Named Houston’s Funniest Person in 2012.
8 to 10 p.m., Dining Hall Ampitheater 107
Rated PG. “A vengeful fairy is driven to curse an infant princess, only to discover that the child may be the one person who can restore peace to their troubled land.”
Saturday, October 11
Parents Network Meeting
9 to 10:30 a.m., Commons, Stein Fireplace Lounge
Arcadia University Parents' Network provides informational programs,
social activities, and a communication link between parents and the
University administration. It provides an opportunity for the sharing of
questions and answers between parents on all aspects of college life.
Tour the Grey Towers: A Great American Castle
Tours offered at 10, 10:30, 11 and 11:30 a.m., beginning on the Castle Terrace.
the mystery, history, and fantasy, of the Castle. Members of the
Society for Castle Restoration will take you on an exploration which
reveals the story behind the Castle.
University Art Gallery
10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Spruance Fine Arts Center
Faculty Exhibition 2014 will be display.
Fall Fest Picnic Lunch
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Haber Green
Price $5.25 per person, AU Students swipe for meal exchange
Fall Fest Carnival
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Haber Green
Join faculty, staff, classmates and friends for the Fall Fest Carnival hosted by student clubs and organizations. Fun foods, crafts, and activities are available for Arcadia Family members of all ages!
Movie: Planes: Fire and Rescue
2:30 to 4 p.m., Commons, Great Room
Rated PG. “When Dusty learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he joins a forest fire and rescue unit to be trained as a firefighter.”
4:15 to 6 p.m., Commons Great Room
Rated PG. “A
vengeful fairy is driven to curse an infant princess, only to discover
that the child may be the one person who can restore peace to their
Buffet Dinner for the Arcadia Family
5 to 7:30 p.m., Dining Hall
Pay at the door, $12.40 for adults, $6.00 for children
After an exciting afternoon, grab a bite to eat before the evening festivities.
The Knight Sky is filled with Fireworks!
7:45 p.m. over Grey Towers Castle
The Arcadia family comes together to celebrate with a bang. Gather around the Easton Field for a grand finale of fireworks.
8:30 to 9:30 p.m. and 9:30 to 10:30 p.m., Great Room, The Commons
Join family and friends for everyone’s favorite game for your chance to win some fabulous prizes! Space is limited so please reserve your tickets in advance.
Sunday, October 12
10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Dining Hall
Price $10.25 for adults, $6 for children
A Day in the City
Before you leave the area, we'd like to invite you take advantage of the attractions in Philadelphia. Below are some suggestions of events and deals for our favorite spots around town. Enjoy!
- Reading Terminal Market Harvest Festival From 10AM to 4PM, an outside fall festival will take place, complete with hay bales and corn stalks. Visitors will enjoy a pumpkin patch, tractor rides, candy apples, fresh donuts and many other seasonal goodies right in downtown Philadelphia. 12th and Arch Streets.
- Old City Seaport Festival Come out and enjoy the second annual festival celebrating Philadelphia’s historical maritime scene. Ship deck tours, vendors, crafts, activities, outside tavern, and sunset river tours will be available throughout the day. Prices vary depending on the event. Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing, Columbus Blvd. and Walnut Street, 10AM – 6PM.
- Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary Up for a good scare? Check out a truly haunted prison as it is arranged for haunted house tours. It’s the best haunted attraction around! 7PM – 12AM, $29/ticket
- Philadelphia Museum of Art The perfect location to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Run the steps like Rocky, then tour the museum! After, grab a bite to eat from one of the many food carts or cafes located very close by. Open 10AM - 5PM every Sunday. Tickets - Adults, $20; Students, $14; Children under 12, free. Located at 2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- National Constitution Center As the “Museum of We the People,” the Constitution Center features hundreds of interactive exhibits, engaging theatrical performances, and original documents of freedom. Check out the current exhibition, Slavery at Jefferson’s Monticello, running through October 19th. Open Sunday from 12PM - 5PM. Tickets - Adults, $14.50; Students, $13. Located at 525 Arch Street.
- Walk For Wishes at the Philadelphia Zoo For all of you walkers & runners, The Philadelphia Zoo will be hosting a fundraiser walk for the Make A Wish Foundation, beginning at 9AM. Only looking to see the animals? Feel free to visit America’s first zoo anytime between 9:30AM and 5PM for $20/ticket. Located at 3400 W. Girard Ave.
- Eagles vs. Giants! For the most dedicated of fans, stick around to see the Philadelphia Eagles beat the New York Giants at Lincoln Financial Field starting at 8:30PM. Tickets start at $105...as mentioned, this one is for those most dedicated.
- Ride The Ducks is the nation's largest amphibious tour operator, located in many major cities across the country. For $29/ticket, experience a 90 minute land-and-water tour through center city, historic Old City, and down the Delaware River. Tours time slots for Sunday, 10/12 are 11AM, 1PM, and 3PM. Located on Independence Mall at 6th and Chestnut Streets.